March 21, 2010

I WON, I WON, I WON!

Do you remember this scene from A Christmas Story?

Mr. Parker: It's a Major Award!
Swede: Shucks, I wouldn't know that. It looks like a lamp.
Mr. Parker: What is a lamp, you nincompoop? It's a Major Award. I won it!

This is how I felt after seeing this blog post of one of my favorite food blogs.

http://cucinafamiglia.blogspot.com/2010/03/whistler-canada-and-random-winner.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+OurFamilyTreat+%28Our+Family+Treat%29

How cool is that? I am so excited too, because I have never tried REAL Maple Syrup and have been meaning to buy some. I didn't even enter a contest. They were just nice enough to choose one of their followers for this gift.
I don't know if I have mentioned on here that my newest hobby/obsession is FOOD. I have discovered that I not only love to eat good food, but I love to create it. It is so much fun. I have several food blogs that I follow and am always trying out new recipes. If I ever get a better camera I believe I will become a "Foodie" (food blogger) myself. For now, I am just thrilled about my "MAJOR AWARD"! :D
A BIG thanks to Brooks and Lindsay for their generosity and their yummy blog.

4 comments:

Jackee said...

Congrats! That is sooo awesome! Now I'm expecting some Uncle Slim's with this special sauce next time I come!

Jackee said...

BTW, I totally think you should start a food blog. I'd force people to follow. Somehow, someway...

And I'd follow and send you recipes, so there!

Angie said...

I agree with Jackee, you should start a food blog. I would follow for sure and then you have a record of all your great recipes :)

The Webber's said...

How fun! So I'm terrible and blogging and nearly as bad at checking other people's! but congrats!! That's awesome! Cooking and baking can be so fun. I put Bryson through about 3 new recipes a week - some are great, some are eh so so. Luckily I haven't made anything that was terrible yet :)

Let me know the day you start your food blog - I'll probably check it for recipes once in a while!! Or you could open one with a few contributor (family, friends, or anyone you know you think their cooking is worth sharing)