2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I never make firm resolutions, my thought processes just never take it that far. I think about it, but don’t settle on anything. Bad, I know!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My Sister and Sister-in-law both had beautiful, healthy Baby Girls this year. It has been fun to have babies to hold as mine is a baby, no longer!
4. Did anyone close to you die? No, thankfully. I'm not sure I could handle that!
5. What countries did you visit? Ha, ha… right! Didn’t happen. The furthest away we got was Flagstaff, Az. Sad, I know!
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? More freedom. Life is sometimes difficult with a baby/toddler and I want to be more MYSELF this coming year. I would also like to have more time with my Hubby, but that might be asking too much because that would mean also having more money! Needy, aren't I?
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Hmmm, how about June 21st… Aram started walking, Aric turned 33. That is the only date I have purposefully tried to etch into memory. My memory is not what it once was, so I try not to overtax it! :)
8. What was your biggest personal achievement of the year? Wow! I am not much of an achiever, I guess, because... I’ve got nada! I survived. For me, that is an accomplishment. I didn't sink into a depression, I didn't end up in the Loony Bin, I was (for the most part) a good Mother and Wife... and to me, that seems to be a big achievement.
9. What was your biggest failure? Letting myself 'go' to the point of being the heaviest (weight) I’ve ever been! Gotta take care of that one.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? The kids got the Swine Flu this year! That wasn't very much fun!
11. What was the best thing you bought? P90X program… now if only I could stick with it! Oh, yeah... and a new Washing Machine!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My Husband's, of course. He works so hard (sometimes 6-10 days straight) (12 hour shifts) and he rarely complains about it. Not only that, but he always helps clean house or do things for the kids when he is home. He is my hero.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Probably my own! I need to get my temper reigned in again, and fix those hormones!
14. Where did most of your money go? Bills, bills, and bills. Well, we spend more money than we should on other things, but they are minor and not worth mentioning.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? COOKING! (Ironic that it is the opposite of the thing I should have been excited about [exercising!] ) It just makes me happy to be able to find a recipe that is difficult or involved and use all these raw ingredients and make something really yummy… and then eat… too much of it!
16. What song will always remind you of 2009? 'Single ladies/Put a ring on it' by Beyonce. My children love this song . They sing and dance to it. It is just catchy, I guess.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? I would say happier. My Mom finished Chemo and became more herself! Aram got older and stopped spitting up EVERYTHING! Jasper took of like a rocket with her Educational Achievements. Those things make me happy!
b) thinner or fatter? Fatter, OH, so much fatter!
c) richer or poorer? That is so hard to say. Probably richer, but it doesn’t feel like it! I try not to dwell too much on the material, because it only depresses me! I just try to be disciplined and live within my means... it doesn't usually work!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? I wish I had exercised more, and ate healthier. (but where's the fun in that?) :D
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Sitting around, spending useless hours on the computer and READING. I love it, but it is not conducive to an active lifestyle.
20. Did you fall in love in 2009? I fall in love with my Husband and 2 fabulous children on a daily basis! The kids will be driving me nutso some days, but then I will look at them asleep in their beds and my cup (and eyes) runneth over. I always offer up a Prayer of gratitude, right then and there, for them in my life.
21. What was your favorite TV program? We don’t have cable/satellite TV, but we like to get the DVDs from Netflix if there is something we are interested in seeing. This year we liked ‘Castle’ ‘Blood Ties’ and my favorite ‘Moonlight’ which are all actually from the previous year, once they come out on DVD.
22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I try not to 'HATE' anyone, but there was someone last year whom I very much despised... However, this year I was amazed that this person (whom we had not been in contact with after a nasty incident) emailed my husband, apologizing for many hurtful things and saying that he was getting his life together. It was then that I re-evaluated my feelings for him, and what once was very close to hate is now nothing but regret over the course of events. I am pleased to say that I feel no ill will at all.
23. What was the best book you read? Probably the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. Love it. Very fun.
24. What was your greatest musical discovery? Hmmm, I taught my daughter to play ‘Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater’ on the Piano, and months later she still remembers it! I need to get the girl some lessons.
25. What did you want and get? I wanted a new iPod, once mine died (I listen to audio books with it and music in the car). I got it! My Hubby is the best!
26. What did you want and not get? I always want ‘to get away from it all‘, but luckily I never do (I would miss it)!
27. What was your favorite film of this year? I really liked the 6th Harry Potter, loved Avatar, enjoyed Star Trek and New Moon was much better than Twilight which made it enjoyable.
28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I will be 28 for 9 more days… and last year I spent the night with my parents (Mom had just had a Chemo treatment, and I was “trying“ to help out). We went to dinner and they got me a new Camera, which is why I am able to post all the darling pictures of my kids on this blog!
29. What’s one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Spending more time with Aric. There is never enough of that. I find myself alone, too often after I have put the kids to bed. The refrigerator is my only companion! :D
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Non-existent. Anything that fits as I have outgrown most of my clothes… (Do you see a trend developing here? Maybe these 'reflections' are trying to point something out to me!)
31. What kept you sane? My husband! He is my anchor and keeps me from going off the deep end, actually I guess it should be my 'buoy', as the point of an anchor IS to go off the deep end. :D At any rate, he keeps me sane when I lose perspective. The Gospel of Jesus Christ also gives me an Eternal perspective and lets me move past the rough spots in life with the Faith that this is only a small moment in time and better things are to come. I am so grateful for that knowledge.