January 29, 2010

Monkey moments

My little redheaded monkey is 18 months old, now! Bring on the trouble, bring on the tantrums (he already has)! I took him to the Dr. yesterday and this is how he measured up...
Weight: 23 lb. 6 oz. 18th %
Height: 32.8 in. 62nd %
Big Head-edness: 47.6 cm. 44th %
Not very evenly proportioned, is he? I am hopeful that he will be tall like his Daddy, though. The Webber genetics's do NOT make for very tall boys, so it would be nice for him to have missed those! The funny thing is that he LOOKS like he has the Webber build... long torso, short legs and stocky. His measurements seem to say otherwise, though.

His hair is in need of a cut... I have been putting it off because I don't want to do it. Is it worth it to take him somewhere to have it done? Would he even let them? Probably not, so I'm sure I will do what must be done. I'm going to leave the top a little longer this time, though.
There are those moments when he is such an angel I just want to cry. Today for instance, he woke up from his nap to find the table covered with yummy Sweet 'n' Salty Chex Mix that Mommy was making for Jasper's class. He tried to tell me several times that he wanted some by saying "Bite" but I didn't understand him. Finally, he came and grabbed my hand to take me to the table and show me he wanted a bite to eat. He could have reached up and just gotten some of it himself, but he asked first. I was amazed.

He certainly knows his own mind, and has just started to realize that he can communicate his desires to us. This involves a lot of babble with 1 or 2 recognizable words and much hand pulling. If he doesn't get what he wants, though... tantrums ensue. Ah, the joys of toddlers. :D

I am so grateful to have him. He brings so much joy and fun into my day. He keeps me busy and I live for those little hugs and kisses he gives.
Now, if these two would get along more... I would be REALLY grateful!
Is this asking for too much?
Yeah, I thought so.

Jasper thought she was very stylish wearing her Dad's hat...
Aram thought she should take it off!

The battles are endless between these two.
They include;
her hiding toys from him out of selfishness, him hitting her just to hear her squeal, some hair pulling, pushing, tattling, more squealing and whining and MUCH crying. Will I miss these days? Probably,.. but some days it doesn't feel like it.


If only this guy was around more... or if he was AWAKE more, really. It is hard having him home during the day, but sleeping. I try to leave him alone, really I do! Unfortunately, his sleep gets interrupted quite often. This is his last week on the night shift for 2 months, so life is going to get better. (That is my mantra!) :)

Okay, only one more set of pictures and a funny story to go with it...
Aram has just recently figured out he can climb on things. Swift has been a climber for months. Grammie has a stand alone High Chair at her house now.
Here's the story...
The first little monkey climbed into the high chair and sat down. The second little monkey thought "that looks fun" and climbed up, too. There wasn't enough room for two monkeys, so the second monkey had to sit on the first monkey. The first monkey wasn't sure he liked this.

Then the big monkey siblings come over to check it out (that is Teryk's hand next to Jasper's). Life was all fun and games, until...

The first monkey got mad, and we had to remove both monkeys. "No more monkeys, climbing on the chair".

No comments: